Females in the community.

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 22 11:19:16 PDT 2016

On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 12:09:45 +0000, qznc wrote:

> The only women I noticed in the D community is Maxime [0]. She built a
> research Javascript compiler with D for her PhD and now joined Apple.
> Maybe we should ask her, if there are issues concerning women and the D
> community?

There was Janice Caron, who was helpful and eager and got a fair bit of
code into phobos. From what I recall, she was not well treated by the
community.

It didn't help that this was around the time of major controversial
changes with the language and before there was a process for contributing
to Phobos. However, Andrei wasn't too far off from that story, and I
recall a fair bit more vitriol toward Janice.