Females in the community.

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 22 12:33:47 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 18:19:16 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
> There was Janice Caron, who was helpful and eager and got a
> fair bit of code into phobos. From what I recall, she was not
> well treated by the community.

[citation needed]

A quick glance show that you are full of crap:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Feature_request_array_stuff_70431.html
http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.139.1196168459.2338.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/automatic_conversion_to_invariant_string_67951.html
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Invariant_Question_yes_another_one_61626.html
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Limited_member_function_templates_61337.html
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/cast_const_proposal_57947.html
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Casting_away_const_and_invariant_57937.html

Even looking for it I can't find it.

> It didn't help that this was around the time of major
> controversial changes with the language and before there was a
> process for contributing to Phobos. However, Andrei wasn't too
> far off from that story, and I recall a fair bit more vitriol
> toward Janice.

Well that vitriol must have been mixed with a fair amount of
sodium hydroxide.