Females in the community.

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 23 03:51:06 PDT 2016

On 17/03/2016 16:17, Karabuta wrote:
> Are there any female programmers using D? :)
> Moreover, the socia Media representation of D sucks. I think we need a
> female, at least someone soft and mortal who actually understand how to
> communicate and build a community. Coders suck at these things and its
> not helping. This is not about gender balance crap, it about building a
> community.
>
> Forgive me for my brutal opinion.
>
> Destroy :)

OMG, this irrelevant, flamebait thread.

One thing I like with Rust is that they have a modern forum software
(discourse.org) for their community forums, in particular one that
requires registration and an associated email (unlike newsgroups where
anyone can post and emails can be spoofed easily). Even though this
registration is easy, this seems to deter a lot of these random,
anonymous, quasi-troll accounts with not much to say. (I'm not talking
about karabuta specifically but other posters in general, in this thread
and other threads)

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros