Females in the community.

QAston via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 23 04:33:55 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 20:43:07 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
> Helping others to be polite is in fact progressive and
> enlightened. Your response is neither.

The problem with this idea is that you need an authority which
decides what is the correct polite speech and what's not. There's
no registry of universally polite speech. There can't be. I
remind you - this post is made in a forum of a programming
language over 10 years old and there're still major syntax change
requests posted (DAE hove/hate semicolons?).

You can't please everyone. People have different ideas about
what's offensive/progressive. As long as you're agreeing with the
authority you're fine, the problem starts when you're not. You
are going to get old and stop keeping up with the progressive
idea of the day. Did you know that motherland is now a regressive
word? Here's a VS addon to remind you of that:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=shinnn.alex

Why don't we look past the superficial stuff in the language and
assume good intent? Do we really need to stand on moral high
ground and look down on people less skilled in communicating
politely? Is drama and infantilization of the community worth
that feeling you get when 1-upping a regressive person? This time
could be spent better by making awesome libraries for example.
With that bluntly communicating person.