Females in the community.

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 23 05:04:19 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 23 March 2016 at 10:46:22 UTC, QAston wrote:
> [citations needed] for so much you post. You need to update
> your knowledge of evo-psych.

You should learn not to open a reply with going ad hominem. The
fact that you don't, suggests to me that I've struck a nerve and
that you basically don't have much to add to this debate...

I am also not basing my statements on pseudo-scientific
evo-psych...

> I could tell you exact opposite:  men are the  more
> coopoerative sex.

I haven't said anything about one sex being more cooperative than
the other.

> You know when males are competitive? When they compete for
> female attention.

Men position themselves also with other men they like, women are
more likely to compete with people they don't like and more
likely to downplay their own position with people they like to
put themselves at the same level and create a connection. You
very rarely see men claim that they are less capable in order to
connect with people they like. The average woman communicate more
at the personal level, are more likely to resolve issues they
have, and are less likely to commit suicide as a result. Those
are facts.

Statistical gender differences are real, measurable and
observable to anyone willing to look at it. Does it apply at the
individual level? No. There are greater differences between
individuals than between genders.

However, an all-female community and an all-male community have
typically different characteristics. Both online and offline.

> You know why programming attracts various social outcasts?
> Because we've always been welcoming. Don't fuck that up.

Actually, the D forums can be quite hostile at times, but it
doesn't last for a very long.

I've actually spent years of my life studying social interaction
on the internet and virtual worlds, academically. So you will
most likely fail to engage me at a level where I can learn
anything from your "citations".

What exactly are you trying to tell me? That programmers are
somehow outcasts, by what definition? Even if it was true, then
maybe it would be the other way around, given that system level
programming is an extremely time consuming activity.