Females in the community.

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 23 11:40:07 PDT 2016

On 03/23/2016 12:42 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 20:37:27 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:

>>> [citation needed]
>>
>> It was on IRC in a private channel. I don't keep IRC logs for more
>> than five years.
>
> Janice Caron's last post was in 2008. I've been on #d since 2006, and
> the first time I've seen Andrei on IRC was in 2010.
>
> Additionally, I've met Andrei in person on multiple occasions.
>
> I find this extremely hard to believe.

I'm not sure what was being implied, but just to clarify a few simple
facts: Janice and I never interacted on IRC. She and I had a meaningful
private correspondence for a good while, during which she also revealed
her identity. I do remember a flamewar in this forum that she found
harassing, which I did not take part to and which is not easy to find
and follow because some posts have been removed at the posters' request.
We'd do good to generally avoid colportage of rumor. And of course,
making this forum friendlier and more welcoming is something we always
should aspire to. Thanks! -- Andrei