Mindset of the D team vs the Rust team

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 24 10:06:42 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 24 March 2016 at 16:50:05 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

> Not understanding the importance of package managers is another
> (DUB still not part of official distro?) Compare with Rust's
> Cargo.

I couldn't agree more (not about the forum which I think is not
inferior to Discourse). The package manager is the single most
critical advantage over older languages. The user interacts with
it and not compilers.

The Rust team understood the significance of it and now they have
one of the friendliest package manager out there. People rarely
complain about cargo which is a feat in an rather despised
category.