Mindset of the D team vs the Rust team

Saša Janiška via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 24 10:29:13 PDT 2016

Bruno Medeiros <bruno.do.medeiros+dng at gmail.com> writes:

> Using old communication software like NNTP is one example of that.
> Compare with Rust's Discourse.

Having ability to use nntp reader (Gnus) which I use for all my mailing
lists (via Gmane) is big 'pro' to choose, among many other things, D
over Rust.

NNTP provides automatic archive, powerful search ability on disposal, no
need to create sorting rules in order to keep my INBOX clean etc. No
need to say, that it means that one can use one's preferred editor to
compose *both* mail and news messages.

Moreover, when I had to use Discourse forum, I almost never used web UI,
but email interface...

Similar to the, now old & aging, web forums, I simply do not get what is
so great with things like Discourse forums in comparison with NNTP?

Similar wondering I have over popularity of Gitter/Slack over IRC...it
looks as these days it's fashion that one has to use special app for
each protocol used...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who restrains the senses of action but whose mind dwells on
sense objects certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender.