Mindset of the D team vs the Rust team

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 24 11:29:57 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 24 March 2016 at 16:50:05 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> Not understanding the importance of package managers is another
> (DUB still not part of official distro?) Compare with Rust's
> Cargo.

Cargo is a good example of the problem with D. Not because of
features (I don't know enough about either to compare) but
because Cargo is documented like this:

http://doc.crates.io/

and Dub is documented like this:

http://code.dlang.org/getting_started

Dub is going to be the official package manager, everybody says
we should use Dub, but there's no way I could tell someone I'm
working with to use it. I won't touch it for that reason. It's
not clear to me how others don't see this is a problem.