dlang.org makefile pains

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 24 11:56:00 PDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 06:51:32PM +0000, Piotrek via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 23:23:56 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> >Bump. Please help. If Martin is the only one who understands the
> >makefile then we have a serious problem.
>
> Makefiles are for chosen people. That's why I suggested moving to a d
> build system. However I'm aware it's not political correct.
[...]

Since when?  I thought a year or two ago, when the same discussion came
up, people seemed amiable to the idea of a D-based build system.

Of course, actually implementing a compelling candidate for such a
system is another story.

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes." -- E.W. Dijkstra