dlang.org makefile pains

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 24 12:26:54 PDT 2016

On 03/22/2016 07:23 PM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 at 11:15:12 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
>> All I want to do is test DDox with local dlang.org changes and local
>> Phobos changes.
>
> Bump. Please help. If Martin is the only one who understands the
> makefile then we have a serious problem.

I understand the makefile. So I see you tried

make -f posix.mak apidocs-serve LATEST=2.070.2

Let's first try:

make -f posix.mak LATEST=2.070.2

Building the latest documentation in /path/to/dlang.org assumes you have
/path/to/dmd, /path/to/druntime, and /path/to/phobos synced up. If they
are out of sync, things won't work.

Regarding the redundant download - I complained about that to Martin
(particularly since we already have a different mechanism for loading
specific versions of dmd/druntime/phobos) and he said to not worry about
it, it's a small download. I mildly disagree with him, but there's only
so many hours in the day. I'd welcome a PR to fix that.

So get a clean tree and build it. If there are errors paste the output.

Andrei