Females in the community.

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 24 12:45:51 PDT 2016

On 3/24/2016 10:07 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> Perhaps you could list some particular features you're missing.

A couple things I think would improve the usefulness:

1. Consider the thread view:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/nd1ff7$1mui$1@digitalmars.com

and compare with:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Females_in_the_community._282176.html

The latter contains the first line of the non-quoted text in the message. (I
swiped this idea from slashdot). This is real nice because with a lot of
messages in a thread, it can give a clue which one to click on. The (n/m) thing
is n=quoted lines, m = total lines, so one can not bother with "quote the whole
message and add +1 at the end" style posts.

2. Support markdown (not html). The great thing about markdown is it'll still
look fine in other NNTP readers.