Females in the community.

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 24 13:57:22 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 24 March 2016 at 16:06:15 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:
> I have to say I agree that, for better or for worse, this
> thread alone demonstrates an occasional aggressiveness that
> puts me off, never mind women who are, generally speaking, less
> likely to weather the tone of voice often used here.
>
> Karabuta seems to be a non-native English speaker and got laid
> into for using the wrong word for women. He took the lashing in
> good spirits but it doesn't bode well for the thinner skinned
> who might otherwise have a valuable contribution to make.

The thread itself strengthened Karabuta's core message, didn't
it? :-)

Unfortunately, I am not sure if there are anyone in the D
community that would make a good objective moderator, so I am not
sure exactly how it can be fixed other than these occasional
"storming" threads that end with an appeal to self-moderation.

I find the Donald Trump phenomena to be an unpleasant reminder
that there are certain aspects of our male culture that we men
need to address both in ourselves and in others. I somehow doubt
that a woman could act the same way as Trump does and get a 40%
approval rating for it.