Females in the community.

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 24 21:08:48 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 24 March 2016 at 19:45:51 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/24/2016 10:07 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> Perhaps you could list some particular features you're missing.
>
> A couple things I think would improve the usefulness:
>
> 1. Consider the thread view:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/nd1ff7$1mui$1@digitalmars.com
>
> and compare with:
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Females_in_the_community._282176.html
>
> The latter contains the first line of the non-quoted text in
> the message. (I swiped this idea from slashdot). This is real
> nice because with a lot of messages in a thread, it can give a
> clue which one to click on. The (n/m) thing is n=quoted lines,
> m = total lines, so one can not bother with "quote the whole
> message and add +1 at the end" style posts.
>

> 2. Support markdown (not html). The great thing about markdown
> is it'll still look fine in other NNTP readers.

Added to my list.

I actually didn't expect that you'd be in favor of Markdown,
since you were against even allowing users to view HTML message
parts. Previously I had turned down suggestions to integrate
Markdown on interoperability concerns, but I guess now that the
majority of posters use the forum interface it's less of an issue:

https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/pull/39#issuecomment-61725661