Females in the community.

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 25 08:02:52 PDT 2016

On 03/17/2016 01:42 PM, John Colvin wrote:

> P.S. what's with calling women "females", is it an americanism? It
> sounds super weird to a British ear, we'd normally only say "female" in
> a technical setting or about an animal, so it can sound a bit
> disrespectful.

I don't know about over there, but in the US political correctness
issues get everyone whipped into a hysterical frenzy, so words like
"male"/"female" are an (obviously failed, by the sound of it) attempt to
sidestep all that "hurt feelings" bullshit by using terms that (we would
think) couldn't possibly be construed as slurs.

If someone can't even freaking figure out WHY they find a word
offensive, they have no damn business squaking about it allegedly being
offensive. For fuck's sake, people.