Females in the community.

Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 25 20:46:13 PDT 2016

On 26.03.2016 01:34, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> On 25/03/2016 04:52, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 3/24/2016 4:16 PM, tsbockman wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Maybe we should leave politics out of this forum. It adds no relevance
>> to programming, generates lots of bad feeling, and there are certainly
>> plenty of political threads on reddit for anyone inclined.
>
> ... and this is why code of conducts are created, so people can know
> what is acceptable for discussion and what isn't.

If they don't know that, plenty of CoCs have been created for them to
read. But there's not much point anyway. Programmers in particular
should be aware that it is basically impossible to formally specify the
intricacies of social rules.

The only thing that would be different with a CoC is that Walter would
additionally link to the CoC instead of just making a mature suggestion.
Furthermore, people contributing to unwanted discussions would be able
to point out that technically, the phrasing of the CoC does not rule out
their specific behaviour as they understand the terms used, etc.

Who here needs a CoC to understand that the current thread should
ideally not have happened in this form?