Females in the community.

QAston via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 26 12:52:18 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 26 March 2016 at 18:31:06 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> It actually does. The key points for the election campaign is
> the same at the early campaign Hitler had. Restore the pride of
> Germany. Restore German industry. Blame an outgroup. There is
> also pretty good overlap in his 1933 speech. Politically, who
> knows. Trumps political position is: elect me and I will figure
> it out later. And that actually is the core of fascism, handing
> power to the strong leader.
>
> Trump is a caricature of a wannabe fascist, the spineless
> variant that fucks up the world by accident. Which is not
> entirely unthinkable as his resorts and Trump Tower will be
> jihadist targets. Only God knows what will follow. Hopefully
> not missile launches.
>
> In direct comparison he is much more in the line of Mussolini,
> Berlusconi, Milosevic and their like. We certainly have
> comparison material here in Europe.

I didn't want to end my participation in this discussion on a
negative note, but this reply is so ironic it hurts.

A person who advocates for a more welcoming community and wishes
for objective moderation introduces a divisive topic (US
election) and goes on about it; despite having been personally
asked by a moderator to not do that [1].

There's a reason why Godwin's law exists - it points out that
comparisons to unrelated, emotionally loaded topics are not
arguments - just diversion. Fascism and Hitler are just the most
popular ones to use. Nobody cares about actual meaning of nazism
and fascism - it's just an emotional blindfold, frequently used
by media to slander and for clickbait. Why don't we leave US
election discussion to US citizens on forums devoted to politics.

https://forum.dlang.org/post/nd35j5$14k2$1@digitalmars.com