static ctors in shared libs

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 26 20:28:31 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 26 March 2016 at 03:08:13 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Friday, 25 March 2016 at 16:33:26 UTC, bitwise wrote:
>> On Thursday, 24 March 2016 at 00:56:33 UTC, bitwise wrote:
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>>     Bit
>>
>> Ok..How about "Thought"? One thought will do. I'll take what I
>> can get ;)
>>
>>      Bit
>
> Martin is the guy to talk to, he wrote all that code.  David
> might have an opinion, as he adapted it for ldc.  Most
> everybody else doesn't go into those weeds.

I was hoping to have some more people weigh in with their
experience with plugins, whether or not they're expected to be
multi-threaded, thread-safe, etc.. I think the current design is
fragile, and given the limited usage of D shared libraries atm, I
think it's a good time to come up with something a bit more
solid/predictable.

Anyways, I guess I'll have to email Martin and David and see what
they say.

     Bit