Categorization of warnings

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 28 10:11:03 PDT 2016

On Monday, 28 March 2016 at 17:05:46 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Warnings can be an important part of the deprecation process.
> The next release of the compiler will illustrate that.
>
> -Steve

But the import issues weren't solved with warnings, they went
strait to deprecation.

And I'd argue that warnings are an unnecessary step in the
deprecation process. IMO the deprecation -> undocumented ->
removed cycle for Phobos works well. Adding another step to it
needlessly delays the inevitable (how long has array.sort been a
warning?), and I don't see why the same process won't work for
DMD.