the most D-ish GUI library

WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 28 10:21:19 PDT 2016

On Friday, 25 March 2016 at 14:45:05 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On 03/13/2016 06:33 PM, WebFreak001 wrote:
>>
>> I prefer GtkD, its the most system native one on linux
>
> I dispute that. Many people, like myself, use KDE rather than
> GNOME or Unity, and GTK programs are just as horrible to put up
> with in this environment as they are on Windows. Even more so
> since the GTK folks have now decided it's acceptable to remove
> an entire theming engine in a freaking point release. For that
> and various other reasons, GTK is a plague upon ANY operating
> system, and a big part of that ultimately comes down to
> colossal mismanagement - the one part of any project that's the
> hardest to fix.

You are right, i forgot Qt/KDE guys. KDE uses Qt for their
programs and stuff but GNOME and the Ubuntu team and most desktop
environments do use GTK instead of Qt. Qt is more common on OS X
and Windows than on linux. I guess there will never be an
absolute winner to something because there are always people
using something different.

Lets just make our own GTK/Qt thing (specialized for D) and make
C wrappers for that. Then we have another party making that kind
of stuff.