Oh, my GoD! Goroutines on D

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 28 16:53:10 PDT 2016

On 03/28/2016 03:49 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
 > On 2016-03-27 20:17, Jin wrote:
 >> DUB module: http://code.dlang.org/packages/jin-go
 >> GIT repo: https://github.com/nin-jin/go.d
 >>
 >> Function "go" starts coroutines (vibe.d tasks) in thread pool like in Go
 >> language:
 >
 > It would be useful with a wiki page, or similar, that describes and
 > compares different ways of doing concurrency in D, both built-in and
 > third party libraries like this and vibe.d. Also compare against other
 > languages like Go, Erlang, Scala and so on.

And make sure to tell me about it so that my DConf presentation will be
more complete: :)

   http://dconf.org/2016/talks/cehreli.html

That abstract is awfully short but I've posted a pull request to improve
it a little bit:

<quote>
D provides support for multitasking in the form of language features and
standard library modules. D makes it easy for your programs to perform
multiple tasks at the same time. This kind of support is especially
important in order to take advantage of the multiple CPU cores that are
available on modern computing systems.

Multitasking is one of the most difficult computing concepts to
implement correctly. This talk will introduce different kinds of
multitasking, as well as parallelism, a concept which is in fact
unrelated to, but is often confused with, multitasking. The talk will
conclude with fibers (aka co-routines), a powerful tool that is often
overlooked despite its convenience.
</quote>

Seriously, I appreciate any documentation links that you can give to
complete my "homework" before DConf. :)

Ali