Better Phobos contribution guide

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 29 05:27:11 PDT 2016

On Friday, 25 March 2016 at 17:56:05 UTC, Xinok wrote:
>> - check: did you add enough tests?
>
> I would extend this to emphasize "complete code coverage" in
> unit tests.

Yeah it would be great if we can check this automatically - see
the other discussion:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/vzmkecogfcpoojauqpxw@forum.dlang.org

>> As a last word, a couple of this things could be enforced -
>> especially the style guide. Are there already plans to check
>> for this automatically?
>
> I believe the autotester already checks whitespace (are you
> using spaces or tabs?) though I could be wrong about this.

Yep it checks for tabs and trailing whitespace, but not for the
style guide itself (e.g. whitespace between operators or allman
brace style)

> Overall, I think these would be good additions to the
> contribution guide.

Thanks @all for your helpful feedback! - I opened a PR with these
ideas to Phobos:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/4128