Females in the community.

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 30 12:22:13 PDT 2016

On 3/30/2016 5:22 AM, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> Ok, fair enough. Personally I think reading newsgroups is too much of a complex
> task to be done on a phone (for starters typing is much harder, so you're kinda
> restricted to reading only, or typing short posts only).

Having recently been absorbed by The Continuum, I acquired an iPhone. I found
the predictive text input to be disconcerting at first, but it speeds up the
typing a lot.

It's still annoying to type anything other than lower case alphas. I haven't
tried it yet, but trying to enter code on an iPhone seems like it would be hell.
Maybe pairing it with a bluetooth keyboard will fix that.

But none of that would be improved with custom forum software.

> But that's a valid use case, and I can see Discourse doesn't work that well
> there. Maybe it will get an app in not too distant future.

That's the problem with custom forums instead of a standard protocol.

(I really like DFeed+NNTP, I guess you can tell!)