Could we reserve void[T] for builtin set of T ?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 31 19:36:35 PDT 2016

On Thursday, March 31, 2016 17:44:15 Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> hm... I suppose:
>
> a[x] = void;
>
> could add. Removal is never done by assigning, only by aa.remove.

Well, from the standpoint of it being a map, you could argue that _every_
key is in the set. It's just that some of them map to true and most of them
map to false. But that's just trying to find a way to think about it that
makes Walter's suggestion consistent with what we have now, I guess.

Still, while it's true that aa.remove is how you'd normally do it, I think
that Walter's suggestion of assigning true or false makes by far the most
sense of the ones made thus far - and you could just make

aa.remove(key);

and

aa[key] = false;

equivalent for void[T] to make it more consistent.

- Jonathan M Davis