module std.stream is deprecated - Will be removed by phobos version 2.070

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 1 10:06:19 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 1 May 2016 at 14:31:10 UTC, Bauss wrote:
> On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 20:29:56 UTC, Vladimir
> Panteleev wrote:
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3631
>>
>> Apparently it was decided at DConf 2015 to remove std.stream
>> and friends from Phobos. But these modules have been left
>> untouched (i.e. they're "stable") for a long time, and there's
>> a lot of D code using them. This decision seems to go in an
>> opposite direction to other recent decisions (i.e. that we
>> stop breaking code). Is everyone (incl. Walter AND Andrei) on
>> board with this?
>
> Please yes. Why people still use it is beyond me.

Baus: I posted to this issue because Andrei suggested to move
undead to dlang and it didn't happen yet. std.stream is already
set to deprecation in October 2016. This thread is from last
year. I should have opened a new thread - sorry about that.

> Please yes. Why people still use it is beyond me.

Because they have an existing codebase and don't want to change
it, see the following issue as an disucssion:

https://github.com/biod/BioD/issues/19