Friends of Rust

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 1 10:26:16 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 1 May 2016 at 17:11:17 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 May 2016 at 16:26:55 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> So which companies could be "friends of D"?
>
> I just found this wiki site -
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Current_D_Use
>
> -> apparently it's a bit hidden, so let's get this to as
> "friends of D" to dlang.org?
>
> I would be happy to open a PR, which should I pick?

We want to show well-known companies of course. E.g. Facebook is
a must.

Sociomantic is a must, because they are essentially a D shop.
While others use D only in internal or side projects.

Another aspect is breadth. Show companies from different
industries and also explicitly say that. There is Remedy Games
for the games industry, Auburn Sounds for audio, Random Storm for
security, etc.

Another thought: Does the D foundation have official sponsors
yet? Rewarding them with a mention on dlang.org might be a good
idea.