My favourite game: DMD guess the error reason.

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 2 11:25:57 PDT 2016

On Monday, 2 May 2016 at 16:24:40 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> On 5/2/16 3:13 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> [2]: The ptrdiff_t and size_t types have a different size.
>
> Wow, it would be a copy-paste error of some sort? An
> interesting possibility. But I'm going to say no, I don't see
> how this comes into play for the template constraints.

While there may be an alias in object.d, I'd say it's purpose is
purely cosmetic (and to prevent missing symbol errors).  It is
the compiler that decides what types size_t, ptrdiff_t have.  And
while there are targets where word and pointer sizes are
different, GDC does not honour this however, as the D
specification on these types (and D_LP64) trumps that.

--
Iain