Researcher question – what's the point of semicolons and curly braces?

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 4 12:59:04 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 4 May 2016 at 19:47:41 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
> On 04.05.2016 21:38, Joakim wrote:
>> If we want to close all gaps, we should also close the gender
>> gap for
>> occupational fatalities:
>>
>> http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2009/09/occupational-male-female-death-gap-is.html
>>

>> That means 4,000 more women will die on the job this year,
>> make sure you
>> mention that to any feminist pushing those bogus pay gap
>> figures.
>
> Or, you know, 4000 men less.

Unrealistic, those jobs have real risks that cannot just be
hand-waved away, which is why they often come with compensating
high pay, as that blog post notes.  If we populate all job fields
with 50% women, that means female deaths on the job would
inevitably rise a lot.  Yet, you will never see that mentioned...