Researcher question – what's the point of semicolons and curly braces?

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 5 07:59:05 PDT 2016

On 05/04/2016 03:15 PM, Chris wrote:
> On Wednesday, 4 May 2016 at 15:46:13 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

>> Verifiable fact: My sister paid considerably less than I did for each
>> year of college even though we came from EXACTLY the same economic
>> background, exactly the same city/town, exactly the same ethnicity,
>> nearly the same age (and yet she's slightly younger, so if anything,
>> increasing tuition rates would have worked AGAINST her), and one of
>> our respective colleges was even the exact same school. And her pay
>> now is (considerably) higher than mine, and she works in a field
>> that's known to pay LESS than my field.
>
> There are groups in Europe and the US (and elsewhere I'm sure) who try
> to draw attention to this issue, like these guys for example
> http://www.avoiceformen.com/.

Unfortunately does no good: Any association with anything like that
means automatic social black-listing as "women hater". And it's never
going to convince anyone of anything for the same reason persuasive
arguing in general never really works: Anyone who doesn't already agree
will never willingly go anywhere near it, except occasionally with a
purely "burn the witch" agenda.

Perfect example of why all people worldwide should simply be destroyed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M0MW6ON484

Sickening, and not the least bit surprising.

There was another similar thing on a hidden camera show, showing actors
eating right out of a grocery store produce aisle. When the actor was a
guy, both men and women bystanders were livid, but when it was a woman,
both men and women bystanders found it cute and acceptable.

And then there's all the studies out there demonstrating how many times
more likely a woman with a broken-down car by the side of a road will
receive assistance than a guy will.

But of course, all of that evidence is merely a plot by us evil men
trying to wage war on women.

>> Anti-female systems in place? Bull fucking shit. Anyone who claims
>> there are: put up REAL fucking examples instead of parroting vacuous
>> rhetoric or shut the fuck up forever.
>
> My experience with computer science and related fields is that a lot of
> young women are into computers, just not into programming. They are
> drawn to computers because of multi-media stuff, digital design,
> creating videos, creating games (often educational games for kids) with
> easy to use frameworks. The closer you get to the machine, the less
> women you will find (mind you, this does not mean "no women at all"), to
> give you a _rough_ scale of increasing complexity: multi-media and
> social networks (e.g. blogs) > app development > Python > Java > C/C++ >
> compiler programming / assembly ...

Right. And then all the males in the field get blamed for it when the
women simply chose of their own volition not to pursue it. It must've
been our ingrained biases ::rolleyes::. Right, because we have to
pretend EVERYONE has those moronic biases just because it helps the
fucking bigots pretend they're really just "normal".

Interesting side note: Notice that, due to another recent thread here, I
had to use the word "women" rather than "females" in that last sentence,
but nobody raises an eyebrow at usage of "males" being used to refer to
people, not even in my earlier post in this thread.