So, About That Official Blog...

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 5 11:22:50 PDT 2016

This keeps coming up, so in the theme of Andrei's talk and
because my day job is a web dev, I decided to do something about
it. I have created this tumblr blog which I hope to shape into
the official dlang blog: http://officaldlang.tumblr.com/

A couple of notes:

1. I choose tumblr because we really shouldn't reinvent the wheel
here with something as simple as a blog. Tumblr has thousands of
servers, solid funding, solid uptime, and a simple interface.
2. Tumblr supports markdown
3. Tumblr gives complete access to its templating engine,
allowing you to make the site look like what ever you want
4. Tumblr allows for custom domains, so if everyone here likes
this idea then I can have the domain of the blog be blog.dlang.org
5. Any core team members who ask for access to the blog via an
email to me will get it automatically

Now, onto the content,

I added two of Walter's Dr. Dobbs articles as examples. I'm not
sure about the legality of this, if someone asks me to remove
them I will.

Obviously we should have release announcements on the blog, but I
think that one of the best ways that the blog can get interesting
content is reposting content from the community, with the
author's permission of course and a link back to the original. I
would be willing to put my two D posts on there if people agree
with this idea. We could also call for reviews of interesting PRs
or ask for PRs of interesting bugs.

Please let me know what you think! I believe this is a good first
step in the right direction.