So, About That Official Blog...

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 5 19:26:15 PDT 2016

On Friday, 6 May 2016 at 01:21:03 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Github might be better because it does automatic syntax
> highlighting, no need to format code yourself.

I thought about Github because it would offer one advantage to
tumblr: it could be owned by the dlang Github account. But, while
Github pages can be a blogging platform, tumblr is specifically
designed to be a blogging platform, and that means several nice
features that we get for with no extra work from anyone in the
community. In addition to the examples I listed in my original
post, one other great feature I discovered today is that tumblr
provides a guest post feature where any tumblr user can submit a
post to be reviewed, and with a click of a button, it can be
posted on the blog with attribution.

Also, I can just include a simple JS library for the same
auto-highlighting functionality.

> Not sure what commenting functionality either provides, that
> should be there too, though dealing with spam can be a pain
> without proper filters.

Disqus can be added quite easily to either, but I don't think
that's something we actually want to do. IMO let's keep
discussion on here, HN, and reddit, where there are mechanisms in
place for getting rid of spam.