The end of curl (in phobos)

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 6 07:31:56 PDT 2016

On Fri, 06 May 2016 13:25:55 +0000
"Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d" <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> But nevertheless, the D community has the code already or these
> replacements - it is just a question of Phobos joining forces
> with the existing efforts.

That is a bit of a classic problem that we seem to have. Folks do cool stuff
but don't want to make the extra effort to get it into Phobos. So, it exists
- and is up on code.dlang.org in many cases - but Phobos never gets the
improvement. Replacing curl is definitely something that should be able to
do fairly quickly so long as someone is willing and able to put in the time
and effort required to get a solid submission ready and push it through the
review queue.

- Jonathan M Davis