How are you enjoying DConf? And where to go next?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 6 07:53:15 PDT 2016

On Fri, 6 May 2016 16:13:35 +0200
Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
wrote:
> Also: we're talking about the DConf 2017 location. Please share any
> initial thoughts!

My initial thought is that we should consider trying to alternate between
the US and Europe, since obviously it's harder for those in Europe to attend
if it's in the US, and it's harder for those in the US to attend if it's in
Europe. Other places would certainly be interesting (e.g. Japan or
Australia), and we definitely have devs in such places, but I don't know if
we have enough likely attendees in such areas to make them make sense, since
picking somewhere where most attendees would have to travel a long way to
get there doesn't really make sense.

Regardless, part of the question is where we can actually get the
appropriate sponsorship to have a good location and how the location affects
who would organize it.

- Jonathan M Davis