The end of curl (in phobos)

Lutger Blijdestijn via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 7 02:02:11 PDT 2016

I was at dconf, but missed the discussion where this was spoken
of. I'm curious to know what is wrong with the curl wrapper. I've
only recently been following D again after a gap of several years
and remember curl being received quite favorablyt at the time,
several people used it as an example of good api design.

Its such a useful and simple piece of functionality to have out
of the box, greatly increasing the amount of interesting things
you can do with D without installing additional packages. Phobos
already has lackluster support for common web technologies, it
would be a bummer if curl is deprecated before a replacement was
in place.