How are you enjoying DConf? And where to go next?

Johan Engelen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 7 11:26:54 PDT 2016

On Friday, 6 May 2016 at 14:13:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Also: we're talking about the DConf 2017 location. Please share
> any initial thoughts!

This was my first DConf, and it was great to meet people that I
had only seen online (sometimes only by handle). On dconf.org I
read: "DConf is the main face-to-face event for everyone and
everything related to the D language and environment." So that
kind of aligns with what I think its goal should be. Imvho, the
goal is not to market D to people who don't know about D / are
not (planning to be) involved already.
With that in mind, I think it'd be good to select a location
based on where folks in the D community will be able/willing to
travel to.

(for me personally, northern Europe is best. Japan I would try to
join too ;-))