The end of curl (in phobos)

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 8 01:05:09 PDT 2016

On Sunday, May 08, 2016 02:44:48 Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Saturday, 7 May 2016 at 20:50:53 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> > But std.net.curl supports not just HTTP but also FTP etc. so i
> > guess that won't suffice.
>
> We can always implement ftp too, it isn't that complicated of a
> protocol.
>
> Though, I suspect its users are a tiny minority and they might
> not mind depending on a separate curl package.

An alternative would be to move std.net.curl into a dub package. And even if
we want to have a Phobos replacement for std.net.curl before ripping it out
rather than just redirecting folks to a dub package, we could still take the
approach of replacing the primary stuff that std.net.curl does without
necessarily replacing all of it, since it would still be easy to use what we
have now by grabbing it from dub. And it _is_ the sort of thing that makes
perfect sense as a dub package.

- Jonathan M Davis