So, About That Official Blog...

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 8 07:47:49 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 8 May 2016 at 09:48:04 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> Yes, why not some dogfood

Convenience mostly.

As I have pointed out earlier, by going with an external
solution, we get several things out of the box like:

* multiple authors with permissions without replying on the slow
PR system
* no need to worry about server logistics
* a simple interface for writing/editing posts
* ability to write posts in markdown, a WYSIWYG editor, or in raw
HTML
* ability to create posts of different types with automatic
styling and embedding, e.g.
https://officialdlang.tumblr.com/post/143954431089/andrei-appears-on-cpp-cast-to-talk-about-the
* the guest posting system which I have already explained
* a tagging system
* etc.

I'm not saying that no one else offers these, it's just that we
can have a blog TODAY with a very minimal amount of effort. Also,
the barrier to writing a post to the blog should be as low as
humanly possible in order to let non-web people contribute posts.