Compiler benchmarks for an alternative to std.uni.asLowerCase.

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 9 02:20:26 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 8 May 2016 at 23:38:31 UTC, Jon D wrote:
> * Performance varied widely between compilers, and for DMD,
> whether the -inline flag was included. The performance delta
> between asLowerCase and the mapAsLowerCase replacement was very
> dependent on these choices. Similarly, the delta between
> inclusion and exclusion of auto-decoding was highly dependent
> on these selections.

This makes me suspicious, since you did not measure standard
deviation or variance. A quick local test with your code looks
ok, though.

One of my students recently made a benchmarking tool.
If you really want to do this properly, you could try that:
https://github.com/parttimenerd/temci

I would not require better statistics here, since the speedups
seem to be stable. :)