std.experimental.allocator and @nogc

rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 9 04:20:00 PDT 2016

On 09/05/2016 11:12 PM, ZombineDev wrote:
> On Monday, 9 May 2016 at 10:33:27 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>> I've done windowing and image libraries before.
>> You are correct, you do not need OOP.
>>
>> But if you want to keep implementation nicely separated out from
>> usage, you really do. Which is a major part of my requirements.
>
> Well, in my example above, everything is nicely separated, easy to use,
> yet quite flexible. And still there is no Java-style OOP. Do you have
> any examples, where the use of classic OOP would provide a strictly
> superior design?

You're using templates. While this might be ok for image library.
I cannot use this for the windowing library. The implementation may not
be known and must be plugable at runtime.
The reality is, just because you say you know about something at compile
time doesn't mean the system that runs a program does.