How are you enjoying DConf? And where to go next?

Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 9 21:02:52 PDT 2016

Dne 9.5.2016 v 19:45 jmh530 via Digitalmars-d napsal(a):

> On Monday, 9 May 2016 at 15:12:25 UTC, krzaq wrote:
>>
>> It's not just the distance, but also the overall personal cost of
>> attending the conference. Berlin is, all things considered, a fairly
>> cheap city. London is a big NO in this regard, can't speak about the
>> other suggestions.
>

> I don't know what Berlin's like, but I just visited London for a long
> weekend and it wasn't so bad compared to where I live (NYC). I used
> AirBnB and my room was like $90 a night.
But for people like me $90 per night is too much. I live in Czech
Republic which is a really beautifull country in middle of europe (it is
called heart of europe). And even in Prague which is capital city of
Czech Republic I am able to get room per $10. And it is not only
accomodation but other things are really cheap here. For example beer
price is only about $1 (btw czech beer is the best beer on the word).
Public transport in Prague for 3 days cost just only $15 and so on.

Even dconf in Berlin (just 400km from me) is expensive for me (one month
salary including transport and accommodation).