How are you enjoying DConf? And where to go next?

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 10 02:08:26 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 10 May 2016 at 08:51:42 UTC, Robert burner Schadek
wrote:
> what about Singapore.
>
> * pretty easy to travel to from all over the world
> * english speaking

* caning
* death penalty

If we made human rights a criterion, I don't think there would be
a lot of places left where DConf can be held.

English speaking should not be a criterion, though. It's true of
Dublin too, but it would unfairly rule out other cities such as
Prague and Barcelona. In tourism and conference centers most
people will have English anyway. The criteria should be:

* easy to travel too
* sponsor available
* D crowd not too far away
* city not too expensive

Staying in a lovely city with loads of things to see would be a
bonus.