dpaste and warning upon leaving page

ZombineDev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 11 11:41:12 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 11:27:44 UTC, nazriel wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 May 2016 at 16:39:05 UTC, Anonymouse wrote:
>> I just had a PEBCAK moment where I was composing a large-ish
>> snippet on dpaste, then accidentally left the page by clicking
>> the back button on my mouse. Going back to the page I see my
>> changes were lost.
>>
>> Could we maybe add a warning when leaving the page if the
>> content has been changed? I think it's the onbeforeunload
>> event, but I don't know javascript well.
>>
>> http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit.asp?filename=tryjsref_onbeforeunload_dom
>

> Good idea.
> I've added it to TODO list here
>
> https://github.com/nazriel/dpaste-frontend/issues/3

@nazriel, a bit off topic, do you have any plans to open-source
the code? I'm using dpaste quite often and it would be really
nice if I could contribute. Also can you provide an option for
the nightly dmd builds? There's a nice script, which you can use
to manage them (http://dlang.org/download - look for install.sh;
https://github.com/dlang/installer/blob/master/script/install.sh).