Always false float comparisons

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 12 09:29:13 PDT 2016

On 5/12/16 6:55 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> This reminds me of all the discussions around trying to hide the fact
> that D strings are UTF-8 code units. The ultimate outcome of trying to
> make it "make sense" was the utter disaster of autodecoding.

I am as unclear about the problems of autodecoding as I am about the
necessity to remove curl. Whenever I ask I hear some arguments that work
well emotionally but are scant on reason and engineering. Maybe it's
time to rehash them? I just did so about curl, no solid argument seemed
to come together. I'd be curious of a crisp list of grievances about
autodecoding. -- Andrei