The Case Against Autodecode

poliklosio via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 13 00:26:53 PDT 2016

On Friday, 13 May 2016 at 06:50:49 UTC, Bill Hicks wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 May 2016 at 20:15:45 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> (...)
> Wow, that's eleven things wrong with just one tiny element of
> D, with the potential to cause problems, whether fixed or not.
> And I get called a troll and other names when I list half a
> dozen things wrong with D, my posts get removed/censored, etc,
> all because I try to inform people not to waste time with D
> because it's a broken and failed language.
>
> *sigh*
>
> Phobos, a piece of useless rock orbiting a dead planet ... the
> irony.

You get banned because there is a difference between torpedoing a
project and having constructive criticism.
Also, you are missing the point by claiming that a technical
problem is sure to kill D. Note that very successful languages
like C++, python and so on also have undergone heated discussions
about various features, and often live design mistakes for many
years. The real reason why languages are successful is what they
enable, not how many quirks they have.
Quirks are why they get replaced by others 20 years later. :)