The Case Against Autodecode

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 13 02:28:45 PDT 2016

On Friday, 13 May 2016 at 06:50:49 UTC, Bill Hicks wrote:

> Wow, that's eleven things wrong with just one tiny element of
> D, with the potential to cause problems, whether fixed or not.
> And I get called a troll and other names when I list half a
> dozen things wrong with D, my posts get removed/censored, etc,
> all because I try to inform people not to waste time with D
> because it's a broken and failed language.
>
> *sigh*
>
> Phobos, a piece of useless rock orbiting a dead planet ... the
> irony.

Is there any PL that doesn't have multiple issues? Look at Swift.
They keep changing it, although it started out as _the_ big
thing, because, you know, it's Apple. C#, Java, Go and of course
the chronically ill C++. There is no such thing as the perfect
PL, and as hardware is changing, PLs are outdated anyway and have
to catch up. The question is not whether a language sucks or not,
the question is which language sucks the least for the task at
hand.

PS I wonder does Bill Hicks know you're using his name? But I
guess he's lost interest in this planet and happily lives on Mars
now.