The Case Against Autodecode

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 13 06:41:30 PDT 2016

On Friday, 13 May 2016 at 13:17:44 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/13/2016 2:12 AM, Chris wrote:
>> If autodecode is killed, could we have a test version asap?
>> I'd be willing to
>> test my programs with autodecode turned off and see what
>> happens. Others should
>> do likewise and we could come up with a transition strategy
>> based on what happened.
>
> You can avoid autodecode by using .byChar

Hm. It would be difficult to make sure that my whole code base
doesn't do something, somewhere that doesn't trigger auto decode.

PS Why does do I get a "StopForumSpam error" every time I post
today? Has anyone else experienced the same problem:

"StopForumSpam error: Socket error: Lookup error: getaddrinfo
error: Name or service not known. Please solve a CAPTCHA to
continue."