Github names & avatars

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 13 10:18:07 PDT 2016

On 5/13/16 1:02 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> I'll ask again that the active Github users use their own name, and add
> to that if you could have a selfie as your github image.

Sorry, this isn't going to happen :) @schveiguy is much better than
@StevenSchveighoffer. Some of us are not so short-name-blessed. I
actually don't mind if people call me schveiguy!

In fact, I have a counter-proposal. Instead of putting people's real
names on their dconf name tags, let's just have their github handles :P.

> It avoids when people who post as "Fred" on the newsgroup submit PRs as
> "HorseWrangler" and get annoyed when I don't realize they are the same
> person, and then I overlook them at the conference because I have no
> idea what they look like.

Please don't make me learn @dicebot's real name :)

-Steve