Github names & avatars

Xinok via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 13 13:54:01 PDT 2016

On Friday, 13 May 2016 at 18:56:15 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> If some company won't hire you because you contributed code to
> D, I'd say you dodged a bullet working for such!

I've known a couple people who had to apply for over 200-300
positions before they finally got a job in their field. Life
isn't so convenient that we can pick and choose which job we
want. Sometimes, you've gotta take what you can get. But suppose
one of these people was a member of the D community and they get
turned down for every job they apply for because the employer
discovered something dumb they posted in this thread:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/gpcyapiqlkpfahrzfubb@forum.dlang.org

The internet never forgets so a little anonymity is a good thing.