Github names & avatars

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 13 22:34:08 PDT 2016

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 08:09:51AM +0300, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 5/14/16 12:01 AM, Meta wrote:
> >So many careers have been lost over some flippant tweet or Github
> >comment that complete anonymity is the only sane option, whenever
> >possible.
>
> Could you bring some evidence or list a few anecdotes over the careers
> lost over a tweet or github comment? Thx! -- Andrei

Not sure how reliable this is, but a realtor friend of mine had a
colleague who got fired from the realtor company because of a remark
made IIRC on Facebook (or one of those social media things) about his
personal values that somebody in power in the company didn't agree with.

Not every employer cuts you slack the way we net-savvy people expect
reasonable people would. Personally, I think this kind of occurrence is
relatively rare, but still, it's very real.

Тише едешь, дальше будешь.