Please mark off-topic discussions with [OT]

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 14 08:46:27 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 14 May 2016 at 13:07:56 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> The thread "Github names & avatars" is not related to the D
> language, and adds much traffic to the forum. Please place [OT]
> in title when posting anything that is not releated to the D
> language.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

It was about contributing to the dlang github so seems on-topic
to me.  It's not clear what you're trying to avoid.  I posted a
link to a much-read article about scripting languages' failures,
along with a D forum link that talks about avoiding one big
problem he raised, on-topic?

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/tvyxljetdhjequhudfpv@forum.dlang.org

I think so, though his article doesn't mention D.